Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby Austin









We welcomed Austin Lee, Thursday August 2oth at 12:25pm. It was a scheduled induction...going past my due date was not fun, (even if it was just 3 days). Austin just needed a little help to get here!

Labor was way faster than I could have ever imagined, only about 2 hours. I was expecting to be in labor about 7 hours or so, since I was in labor with William for 14 hours. I almost had him natural...I received my epidural at 9cm, not by choice. I never planned to wait that long, it was only because my body progressed so quick. I felt mostly everything...definitely would not want to do that again!!

We are pretty much adjusted now, William is a great big brother. He loves to hold baby Austin, and love and kiss on him. He's only tried to pick him up once by his self, of course I panicked! As for our sweet little Austin, you couldn't ask for a better baby, I don't know how I got so lucky. I'm so thankful for my healthy beautiful boys.

2 comments:

Casey Wallace said...

Love the pics! Can't wait to meet Austin! Love you guys!

Kim said...

Brian and Carrie, I'm so excited for you to have little Austin. Sorry to say but it either left my memory or I never heard that you were expecting again! Carrie, I feel your pain about getting the epidural at 9cm. I wasn't induced but with Braewyn had contractions on/off all Tuesday. I had a check-up at 8:30am the next morning so thought I'd just wait until then. Well, at 3am I was in PAIN. We arrived at the hospital at 5am (yeah, I took a shower anyway) and was at 9cm. I kindly demanded the epidural and wouldn't move until it arrived. Glad the delivery is behind you. Hope to see you sometime in 2010.